How Much Does 2007 Lexus RX 400h Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Lexus RX 400h insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Lexus and find the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to compare prices yearly because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on RX 400h insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the fastest way to find better coverage at a better price.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. The purpose of this article is to instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to compare rates over the internet.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at quote time, but some must be inquired about before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when buying insurance coverage on RX 400h insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates is to know the fact auto insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details like what you do for a living, any included safety features, if a SR-22 is needed, and level of coverage desired. That rating information is instantly provided to multiple insurance coverage providers and they respond with quotes quickly.
To get price quotes for your 2007 Lexus RX 400h, click here and enter your zip code.
Lexus RX 400h insurance rates are influenced by…
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy on your insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- High deductibles save money – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on RX 400h insurance.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Where you live – Living in a small town can be a good thing when buying insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Lexus RX 400h
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, doctor visits and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a bird, hail damage, vandalism and a broken windshield. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, court costs, loss of income and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Lexus RX 400h.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Never pay more for less
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on 2007 Lexus RX 400h insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area