Cheapest 2008 Lexus RX 400h Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Lexus RX 400h can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Lexus and locate the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
You should take the time to compare rates before your policy renews because prices go up and down regularly. If you had the best deal on RX 400h coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding insurance coverage online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to put money back in your pocket.
Shopping for affordable car insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Drivers only need to know the best way to shop over the internet.
Compare Insurance Today
Shopping for lower insurance rates can be a daunting task if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You could waste time driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and at least one company can provide price quotes for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to each company.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose the companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If the quotes have higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your Lexus RX 400h.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Factors that can influence Lexus RX 400h insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most car insurance companies give discounts to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- How credit affects car insurance rates – Your credit history is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2008 Lexus RX 400h by improving your rating. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies award better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Lexus. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive on RX 400h coverage.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is my 2008 Lexus RX 400h covered for smoke damage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Drivers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile must pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
This illustrates why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which car insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverage options for a 2008 Lexus RX 400h
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses such as nursing services, pain medications, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and ambulance fees. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2008 Lexus RX 400h.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
In any little way, save everyday
You just learned a lot of ways to compare 2008 Lexus RX 400h insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheaper insurance is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance coverage provider can be pretty painless.
More detailed insurance coverage information is located in these articles:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area