Cheapest 2005 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Buying affordable car insurance on the web is intimidating for people who are new to buying insurance on the web. Since there are so many online companies, how can you even start to compare them all to find the best pricing?
How to Get Cheap Car Insurance
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best way to find competitive 2005 Ford Taurus insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
One of the best ways to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for repetitive form entry to each individual car insurance company. One form compares rates from multiple companies. Just one form and you’re done.
A harder way to compare prices requires visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Progressive, State Farm and Farmers. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is to spend your day driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the trained guidance of a local agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you are comparing unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to determine the lowest rate for your Ford Taurus. Just a small difference in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices helps locate better pricing.
Buyer beware of insurance advertising tricks
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise about savings if you change to their company. But how can every company make the same claim?
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a profitable customer could be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
That is why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Ford Taurus rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies generally give cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Taurus can result in significantly higher rates.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% for Taurus coverage with select insurance companies.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2005 Ford Taurus is totaled?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision – This pays for damage to your Taurus caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, hail damage, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, pain medications, dental work and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Taurus.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Auto liability – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
The cheapest 2005 Ford Taurus insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best prices are with a small mutual company.
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area