Cheapest 2017 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Being forced to pay for pricey auto insurance premiums can sap your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing rate quotes is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
With drivers having so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be challenging to pick the most affordable company.
It’s a good idea to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best rates for Taurus insurance a year ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the best way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The purpose of this article is to help you learn how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Consumers only need to know the proper methods to compare company rates online.
Lower your insurance premiums
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Having an address in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Optional features that cut prices – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Ford Taurus has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
More affordable rates with these insurance coverage discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize all their discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at driving manner by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest car insurance.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers can get lower premium rates for Taurus insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Ford could earn substantially lower premium rates.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce your insurance coverage premiums.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, safe driver, good student, renewal discount, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- Farmers offers discounts for good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, air bags, good student, early bird, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, federal employee, driver training, and five-year accident-free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in your area. To choose companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the best auto insurance rates by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you just switch your coverage.
Is it even possible that every company can save you money? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance providers have a preferred profile for the type of insured that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of driver should be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no claims, and drives a safe vehicle. Someone who fits that profile will probably get the lowest auto insurance rates and therefore will save if they switch.
People who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will probably have to pay higher premium rates with the end result being the customer not purchasing. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can state the savings.
Because every company is different, you need to compare free car insurance quotes often. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Insurance coverage can get complicated
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- If my 2017 Ford Taurus is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What if I total my 2017 Ford Taurus and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my 2017 Ford Taurus covered for flood damage?
- What is PIP insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, theft, rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and hail damage. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical services, court costs, legal defense fees, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Taurus resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, nursing services, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A penny earned…
As you quote car insurance, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Lower-priced car insurance can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area