Cheapest 2002 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper 2002 Ford Taurus insurance rates? Perplexed by the crazy number of insurance options? Many other drivers are as well. Drivers have so many options available that it can quickly become a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Consumers should take time to compare prices periodically due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the lowest price for Taurus coverage a few years ago, other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some tested techniques to find affordable insurance.
The best way to compare car insurance rates is to realize all the major auto insurance companies allow online access to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies with a bit of rating information, including if you have a valid license, how you use your vehicles, how much education you have, and the ages of drivers. The rating information is instantly submitted to all major companies, and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
Discounts on 2002 Ford Taurus Insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying insurance coverage for Taurus coverage.
- Homeowner Savings – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Taurus coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark-downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverage like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts are:
- American Family
- The Hartford
Before buying, ask all the insurance companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- I have health insurance, so do I need medical payment’s coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can be changed by endorsement.
Auto liability – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25, which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, legal defense fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Ford Taurus.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently, these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for dental work, chiropractic care, funeral costs, ambulance fees and surgery. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your Taurus caused by a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible, then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pothole, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage for vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible, then your comprehensive coverage will be paid.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, theft and fire damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area