Cheapest 2005 Bentley Continental GT Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
The average 2005 Bentley Continental GT insurance rates vary depending on where you live, your driving record, and even your age. Your 2005 Bentley Continental GT insurance costs will be lower if you are an experienced driver with a clean driving history.
If you own this luxury vehicle, you might consider taking out higher insurance coverages to protect your assets, like collision and comprehensive coverage, or GAP insurance. Keep reading to learn about what is GAP insurance and should you buy it, and to better understand how to get cheap Bentley car insurance rates.
Start comparing Bentley car insurance quotes by entering your five-digit ZIP code into our FREE quote tool to get started.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO persitently shower you with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year because prices tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates on Continental GT coverage last year you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. But consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies compete online.
Take discounts and save
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Elements that influence Bentley Continental GT insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, or theft. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Continental GT coverage.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Bentley earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your Continental GT policy. Things like personal injury protection, accidental death and term life insurance may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage is showing the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Continental GT can result in significantly higher rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The fine print in car insurance ads
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all make the same claim about savings after switching to them. But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher premium which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which car insurance company will have the lowest Bentley Continental GT insurance rates.
Car insurance coverages for a Bentley Continental GT
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Liability – This can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision insurance pays for damage to your Continental GT caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Bentley Continental GT.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Buy online or local, you save
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount 2005 Bentley Continental GT insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
As you’ve learned from the information above, many factors impact your car insurance rates, like the age of your Bentley model. Therefore, how much insurance is on a 2006 Bentley will be a little higher than What a 2005 Bentley Continental GT is worth with insurance. The type of Bentley you buy will also impact your rates. For example, the Bentley Bentayga insurance costs will be different than a quote you’ll receive for a Continental.
To learn what you’ll pay to insure a 2005 Bentley Continental GT, enter your ZIP code into or FREE quote comparison tool below.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are the safety ratings for the 2005 Bentley Continental GT?
Unfortunately, no safety tests have been performed on the 2005 Bentley Continental GT by either the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
However, the 2005 Bentley Continental GT has the following safety features:
- Electronic brakeforce distribution
- 4-wheel ABS
- Self-leveling headlights
- Dual front with head protection chamber side-mounted air bags
- Turn signal mirrors
- Front and rear head air bags
- Stability control
- Emergency braking assist
- Front and rear seatbelt pre-tensioners
- High-pressure washer headlamps
- Front and rear ventilated disc brakes
- Tire pressure monitoring
- Traction control
- Xenon high-intensity discharge headlamp
Bentley is an extremely luxurious brand, therefore, maintenance costs for these vehicles are much higher than average. Ever wonder how much is an oil change on a Bentley Continental GT? It can cost upwards of $500.
Because of those costs, Bentley’s are high-risk for companies to insure. Many larger insurance companies will not even sell policies for these expensive vehicles, meaning you’ll have to seek out specialty companies elsewhere.
2005 Bentley Continental GT Compared Against other Vehicles in the Same Class
Comparing the 2005 Bentley Continental GT to similar vehicles can help you save money, especially if the 2005 Bentley Continental GT has a better loss ratio than other vehicles in its class.
Officially, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety classifies it as a very large luxury vehicle. Check out other comparable very large luxury vehicles below.
Unfortunately, the 2005 Bentley Continental GT has substantially worse than average collision and comprehensive insurance loss ratios at 136 percent and 78 percent respectively. These higher losses mean higher average insurance premiums.
How much is a Continental GT going to cost you? The Bentley Continental GT running costs can reach as high as $225,000 depending on how new your model year is.
However, owning a Bentley Continental GT 2005 model costs around $30,000 in total. But the 2005 Bentley Continental GT price is still fairly high, which means your insurance rates will also be higher than average.
We’ve answered all of your questions about how much does it cost to insure a Bentley Continental GT. Ready to compare better than average insurance costs for a Bentley? Just enter your ZIP code into our FREE quote comparison tool and start shopping.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area