Cheapest 2004 Volvo S40 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance coverage rates for your Volvo S40? Buying the most affordable insurance coverage on the internet can be intimidating for people who are new to price shopping online. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, how can you effectively compare every one to find the lowest price available?
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because prices change quite often. If you had the lowest rates for S40 coverage on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding Insurance Coverage Deals
Most companies allow you to get insurance quotes on the web. Obtaining pricing doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When complete, the system will order credit information and your driving record and provides a quote determined by many factors.
Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms can be a bit repetitive. But it’s very important to do this in order to get a better rate.
An easier way to compare rates is to use a quote form to get prices from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. Once the form is submitted, it is rated and you can select your choice of the returned quotes. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting rate quotes based on identical coverages.
Discounts on 2004 Volvo S40 insurance
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates for S40 coverage.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy for S40 coverage.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
What determines your Volvo S40 insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into rates.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volvo from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for S40 coverage.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse helps lower the price when buying insurance coverage. Having a spouse translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Never go without insurance – Not having insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Jobs such as lawyers, executives and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for S40 coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I rate my 2004 Volvo S40 as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Is there deception in advertising?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch to their company. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers must get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Volvo S40 insurance rates.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills such as dental work, funeral costs, doctor visits and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your S40 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a deer, theft and damage from flooding. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2004 Volvo S40.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Low-cost 2004 Volvo S40 insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area