Cheapest 2008 Volvo S40 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you you’re not alone. Online insurance companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate persitently shower you with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to shop their coverage around online.
Insurance Coverage Prices
Reducing your 2008 Volvo S40 insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for every insurance coverage company. A single, simple form will return quotes from many national carriers.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare USAA, GEICO and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to compare rates is driving to and from local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same information for every company. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Volvo S40.
Best discounts on Volvo S40 coverage
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% on S40 insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of providers offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, rock chips in glass, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Volvo S40.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, medical services and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your S40 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area