Cheapest 2006 Volvo S40 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Volvo S40? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Volvo every month? Your situation is no different than many other drivers.
You have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying insurance on S40 insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Volvo can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on S40 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, click here.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates is to understand most of the larger companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data like whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if a SR-22 is needed, coverage limits, and if your license is active. Those rating factors is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes instantly.
To compare rates for a Volvo S40 now, click here then complete the form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for liability – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays for damage to your S40 resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Volvo S40.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for doctor visits, hospital visits, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive protection – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and hail damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More effort can pay off
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2006 Volvo S40 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When you buy insurance online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area