Cheapest 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and get the best coverage at the best rate
It’s a good habit to compare prices quite often because rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on Jetta coverage a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can learn to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Vehicle owners only need to know the tricks to buy car insurance over the internet.
Insurance Quote Comparison
All the larger insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO quote prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their system orders your driving and credit reports and generates a price. Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this if you are searching for the lowest insurance rates.
An easier way to lower your insurance bill uses one form to return rates from several companies at one time. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online shopping much easier. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted and you can select any of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out if lower rates are available, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Why your Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates may be high
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2003 Volkswagen Jetta by repairing your credit.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance will protect you if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Your location is important – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Don’t miss these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Jetta coverage.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
Before buying, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in your state.
When might I need help?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like EMT expenses, dental work, pain medications and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Jetta resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Lower-priced 2003 Volkswagen Jetta insurance is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Additional insurance coverage information can be read at these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area