Cheapest 2002 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparing auto insurance rates online can be a challenge if you’re new to how the online process works. However, obtaining car insurance quotes online can save you both time and money, so we’re here to help.
Pricing out the best insurance coverage can be fairly easy. Whether you’re looking for a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, or any other vehicle, you’ll be able to find a policy that fits your needs. There are a few ways to work through what your insurance will cost. This includes how much coverage you want, where you can find the most affordable policy, and what sort of questions you should ask.
Anyone who has to buy insurance will more than likely be able to cut their insurance bill down to size. However, you must do what is comfortable, and if that’s speaking directly to an agent, or acquiring quotes online at home, we can offer you ways to do both.
What are the different ways to shop for auto insurance?
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the lowest 2002 Volkswagen Jetta rates, or rates for any number of vehicles, is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
The recommended way to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form. This form saves time by eliminating individual submissions to each insurance company. In just a few minutes, this one form gets you coverage quotes from several companies. It’s the quickest way to get rates, and we offer one right here that you can use.
You can also reach out to a local agent. Speaking with someone is still a viable option when looking for information on an insurance policy. Many people prefer talking to an insurance agent because they’re able to answer specific questions. We touch base more on this below.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages and limits with every quote. If you’re selecting higher or lower deductibles, different coverage types, and varying limits among your quotes, you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
What discounts are available with car insurance?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Jetta insurance with select insurance companies.
- Paperless Sign Up – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy for Jetta insurance.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply directly to your coverage premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision, or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay, but it’s good to know where you’re saving money.
What makes an auto insurance policy unique?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different. For example, take the value of a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta into consideration. If this is the type of vehicle you drive, your rates are going to be much different from someone with a brand new vehicle driven right off the lot.
Insurance companies are going to look at the type of vehicle you drive, your location, and other factors when determining what you pay. You’re also going to have circumstances that are much different from other drivers. That’s why there are always choices when it comes to an auto insurance policy.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance:
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- If my 2002 Volkswagen Jetta is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
What factors determine what you pay for auto insurance?
As mentioned above, insurance companies are going to have their own set of regulations which will determine what you pay for your policy. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
Below we’ve listed a few things to keep in mind when you’re shopping for a policy.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing: Driving with no insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Paying for liability coverage: The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Low deductibles can be expensive: Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volkswagen from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Jetta insurance.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save: Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Volkswagen Jetta earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- High numbers of claims are not good: If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies award lower rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- A stressful job can impact your rates: Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like judges, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, occupations such as pilots, students and homemakers receive lower rates for Jetta insurance.
- Car safety features can save you money: Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
Different Types of Auto Insurance Coverage
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy can sometimes be boring, so below we’ve compiled a few different coverage types to help you.
Auto Liability Lnsurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout an insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Med Pay and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, hospital visits, pain medications and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Use Your Power as a Consumer to Find the Best Auto Insurance Rates
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret it later on in an accident where that coverage could have saved them money. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost 2002 Volkswagen Jetta insurance, and affordable insurance for any vehicle, is attainable from both online companies and with local insurance agents. You should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online, and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. You may find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Hopefully these tips and tricks will help you when it comes time to save money on your insurance policy. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be.
To read more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area