Compare 2000 Honda Odyssey Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding affordable auto insurance is challenging for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a ton of work to find lower rates.
It’s important to get comparison quotes at least once a year because insurance rates change quite often. Just because you found the best deal on Odyssey insurance last year you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Free Quotes for Insurance Coverage
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be a daunting task if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to get prices fast.
All the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit their information once, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual insurance coverage company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2000 Honda Odyssey insurance click here to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is that you can’t choose which insurance companies you want to price. So if you want to select specific providers to compare rates, we have a page of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting lower pricing.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying insurance coverage on Odyssey insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- E-sign – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits are:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Complexity of Honda Odyssey insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some companies will give a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your 2000 Honda Odyssey by repairing your credit.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on your insurance coverage policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Men and women cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing that you can save after switching to their company. How can each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings. That is why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Honda Odyssey insurance rates.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2000 Honda Odyssey.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses, chiropractic care, hospital visits and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
At the end of the day…
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can reduce 2000 Honda Odyssey insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Budget-conscious insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Other learning opportunities
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area