Cheapest 2018 Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheaper insurance coverage quotes online can seem difficult if you have never taken advantage of online rate quotes. But don’t throw in the towel because finding affordable coverage online is easier than you think.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Locating the lowest cost insurance coverage is not that difficult. Nevertheless, vehicle owners do need to understand how companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
How to compare free car insurance rate quotes
Most companies give prices from their websites. Obtaining pricing is easy for anyone because you just enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the company’s rating system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these factors.
Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same data can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s necessary to do this if you are searching for the lowest price.
There is an easier way!
The preferred way to find lower prices uses one form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes comparison shopping much easier. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the quotes that you receive.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this guarantees you are getting a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
Save money by receiving these ten discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but occassionally some discounts must be asked about before you get the savings.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive lower premium rates for Odyssey coverage.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote insurance coverage for Odyssey coverage with certain companies.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model is cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA has discounts for multi-policy, good student, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including multi-car, youthful driver, distant student, pay in full, and homeowner.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance may include discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, emergency road assistance, anti-lock brakes, and good driver.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Double check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply everywhere. To see a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts, follow this link.
Your insurance coverage coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for hospital visits, pain medications, nursing services and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, hitting a bird, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Honda Odyssey.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Odyssey from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Power to the consumer
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on 2018 Honda Odyssey insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through independent agencies. Cheaper 2018 Honda Odyssey insurance is definitely available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read by following these links:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area