2001 Honda Odyssey Insurance Cost – 6 Tips for Cheaper Prices
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind enjoys paying for insurance coverage, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute cheapest price
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Finding the best rates is not rocket science. Although drivers benefit from understanding the methods companies use to sell online.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to find the lowest 2001 Honda Odyssey rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online consists of visiting each company’s website and request a quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare Progressive, 21st Century and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just be sure to compare the exact same coverages on every quote you get. If your comparisons have mixed coverages you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different coverages may cause a big price difference. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Pay less by taking advantage of these six discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Most are applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance for Odyssey coverage.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Odyssey coverage depending on your company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers can possibly qualify for reduced rates for Odyssey coverage.
- College Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What if I total my 2001 Honda Odyssey and owe more than it’s worth?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How can GEICO, State Farm and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make the same claim that you can save if you move your coverage to them. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any driver who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match the requirements will have to pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hail damage, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Honda Odyssey.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for things like doctor visits, prosthetic devices and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Quote more. Save more.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Cost effective 2001 Honda Odyssey insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
More information can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area