Cheapest 2000 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Impala? Tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
Because there are so many car insurance companies to choose from, it can be hard to locate the right car insurance company.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
All the larger insurance coverage companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting online rates is pretty easy as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and quotes a price. Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the best price on insurance coverage.
The easiest way to lower your insurance coverage bill makes use of a single form that obtains quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, requires less work, and makes comparison shopping much more efficient. After sending your information, it is rated and you can choose any of the pricing results. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will receive comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
These discounts can lower your rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance for Impala insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies with discount car insurance rates, click here.
Different people need different coverages
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Factors determining your Chevy Impala insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Young drivers are known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Impala can cost quite a bit. Verify your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Letting your insurance expire will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in a rural area can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of auto insurance companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Car insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you change your policy. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer might be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not match this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why companies can make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy Impala insurance rates.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Chevy Impala
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Impala.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and a broken windshield. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as court costs, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This coverage pays for damage to your Impala resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A little work can save a LOT of money
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare 2000 Chevy Impala insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area