Cheapest 2000 Chevrolet Express Cargo Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Express Cargo? Are you overwhelmed by the number of car insurance choices? Many other drivers are as well. There are so many choices that it can quickly become a big hassle to find better rates.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Essentially everyone who is required by state law to have car insurance will be able to reduce their rates. But vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies price insurance differently.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- College Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% for Express Cargo insurance depending on your company.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums for Express Cargo insurance.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in your state.
What determines your Chevy Express Cargo insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Your location is important – Being located in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies provide discounts to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers have a tendency to be less responsible when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Your credit rating is important – Having a bad credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2000 Chevrolet Express Cargo by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does my 2000 Chevy Express Cargo need full coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as X-ray expenses, nursing services, EMT expenses, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Express Cargo caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for liability
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Feed the piggy bank
We’ve covered many ways to lower your 2000 Chevy Express Cargo insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
The cheapest insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area