Cheapest 1998 Dodge Stratus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Dodge Stratus insurance can dwindle your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
There are many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the best rates.
Consumers should take time to check insurance coverage prices quite often because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for Stratus coverage a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Locating the best coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Just about every vehicle owner who shops for auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to save money. But car owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies determine prices and use this information to your advantage.
How much can you save with discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest 1998 Dodge Stratus rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. One simple form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A less efficient way to find lower rates is to take the time to go to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s assume you want to compare Auto-Owners, Progressive and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Dodge Stratus. Quoting even small variations in coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, more quotes helps locate the best rates.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Stratus from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 1998 Dodge Stratus.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees and funeral costs. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, falling objects and vandalism. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Save for a rainy day
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
We just covered some good ideas how you can shop for 1998 Dodge Stratus insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area