Cheapest 1999 Dodge Stratus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Dodge Stratus? I can’t think of a single person who likes paying for insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to find the cheapest price
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
Reducing your 1999 Dodge Stratus insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. Just spend a few minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method eliminates the need for separate forms to each individual auto insurance company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons from auto insurance companies with the best prices.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates is going to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from GEICO, Esurance and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is to spend your day driving to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If each company quotes differing limits it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Dodge Stratus.
Discounts are great for lower rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Stratus insurance depending on your company.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Stratus insurance than drivers with accidents.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be available in every state.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Is my 1999 Dodge Stratus covered for smoke damage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Dodge Stratus
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hail damage, hitting a bird and vandalism. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This pays for damage to your Stratus resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, medical services and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Shop. Compare. Save.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to save on 1999 Dodge Stratus insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cost effective insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area