Cheapest 1997 Mercury Sable Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Mercury Sable insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Mercury and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage yearly because rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price on Sable coverage a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Don’t believe everything you read about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some great ways to put money back in your pocket.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or need new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. Drivers just need to learn how to compare rates on the web.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Mercury could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates, click this link.
Auto Insurance Comparison Rates
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, but some are more efficient than others. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each company then returns a price quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you cannot specify which providers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing the exact same coverage information for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
Mercury Sable rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Car insurance companies generally give better rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying car insurance. It translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like judges, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to high stress and long work days. Other jobs such as actors, historians and performers pay the least on Sable coverage.
- With age comes lower rates – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be more careless when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If your Mercury Sable has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. If your credit rating is low, you could pay less to insure your 1997 Mercury Sable by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Only having one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for hospital visits, chiropractic care, nursing services and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, funeral expenses, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sable from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Cheap 1997 Mercury Sable insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ways to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is less work than it seems.
To read more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area