Cheapest 2004 Mercury Sable Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for cheap insurance coverage over the internet may be rather challenging for people who are new to buying insurance on the web. Since there are so many choices, how can anyone even start to compare every company to locate the best price?
The quickest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact almost all companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide information such as coverage limits, how much education you have, whether you have decent credit, and if you have an active license. Your rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies don’t list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Sable coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts are:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
These factors can influence what you pay for Mercury Sable insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be for Sable coverage.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- More miles equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Mercury in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Sable can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – Companies provide better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- How your age affects price – Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of car insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
How can GEICO, State Farm and Progressive save drivers who switch?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the companies make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move to them. But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will provide you with the cheapest Mercury Sable insurance rates.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Mercury Sable
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2004 Mercury Sable.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like pain medications, hospital visits, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive car insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, legal defense fees, court costs and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Sable from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Quote often and quote early
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, lack of trust in their agent and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Discount 2004 Mercury Sable insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area