Cheapest 1993 Mercury Sable Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for the cheapest auto insurance on the web can be intimidating for beginners to comparison shopping online. Because there are so many online companies, how can consumers even start to compare every company to locate the best available rates?
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. The purpose of this post is to tell you the best way to quote coverages. But drivers do need to know how insurance companies market insurance on the web.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. The simplest method to find competitive 1993 Mercury Sable insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form eliminates the need for separate quote forms to each individual insurance coverage company. Just one form will return quotes from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- Another way to get comparison quotes requires you to visit the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare GEICO, Safeco and Travelers. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you use mixed coverages you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Mercury Sable. Slightly different coverages may cause a big price difference. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies helps locate a lower rate.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on Sable insurance with select insurance companies.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on Sable insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers offering insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why your Mercury Sable might be costing you more
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Your age impacts your rates – Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Men and women are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy on your 1993 Sable policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Some companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Your job and insurance rates – Occupations like judges, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed receive lower rates on Sable insurance.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Insurance policy coverages for a 1993 Mercury Sable
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, a broken windshield, theft, damage from getting keyed and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Mercury Sable.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Sable resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with a tree, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, bail bonds and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Shop around and save
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce 1993 Mercury Sable insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area