Lower Your 1990 Chevrolet Camaro Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you you’re not the only one.
Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although car owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Chevy Camaro rate determination is complex
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be for Camaro insurance.
- Your location is important – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like lawyers, social workers and stock brokers have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, students and performers get better rates for Camaro insurance.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your Camaro may be costing you.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Chevy Camaro scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers are known to be more careless behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Adding a young driver to your insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – Companies award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Is my trailer covered?
- When should I not file a claim?
Insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Camaro.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as hospital visits, doctor visits, chiropractic care, pain medications and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This covers damage to your Camaro resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, hail damage, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Shop around and save
In this article, we covered many ways to shop for 1990 Chevy Camaro insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
More learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area