Acura RDX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
How much does an Acura RDX cost to insure? On average, Acura RDX insurance cost for full coverage average $1,292 a year, or $107 a month. Our guide breaks down Acura RDX car insurance so drivers can easily find savings. Learn more.
Enter your ZIP code in our free tool to get started on comparing Acura RDX insurance rates and find out how much is an Acura RDX to insure.
Average insurance rates for an Acura RDX are $1,236 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $262 a year, collision costs $474, and liability insurance costs $364. A liability-only policy costs as little as $416 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,680. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,610 a year or more.
Average premium for full coverage: $1,236
Rate estimates by individual coverage type:
Rates include $500 deductibles, 30/60 liability limits, and includes uninsured motorist coverage. Rates are averaged for all states and RDX trim levels.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $416 for only liability insurance to a high of $2,680 for a high risk driver.
Price Range by Location
Your location has a significant impact on car insurance rates. Rural areas tend to have a lower frequency of accident claims than larger metro areas.
The diagram below illustrates the effect of location on car insurance rates.
These examples show why it is important to compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get customized rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Insurance Rate Analysis
The chart below shows estimated Acura RDX insurance rates for different risk profiles and scenarios.
- The lowest rate with discounts is $710
- Drivers who choose higher $1,000 deductibles will pay around $1,070 a year
- The average rate for a 40-year-old driver with $500 deductibles is $1,236
- Choosing low $100 deductibles for comprehensive and collision insurance will increase the cost to $1,562
- High risk drivers with multiple violations and an at-fault accident could pay upwards of $2,680 or more
- The cost for full coverage for a teen driver may cost $4,610 a year
for an Acura RDX can also vary considerably based on your driver profile, the trim level of your RDX, and policy deductibles and limits.
Older drivers and high deductibles could pay as little as $1,200 per year on average for full coverage. Rates are highest for teen drivers, where even good drivers upwards of $4,600 a year. View Rates by Age
Where you live makes a big difference in Acura RDX insurance rates. A 40-year-old driver could pay as low as $820 a year in states like Idaho, Maine, and Iowa, or as much as $1,760 on average in Michigan, Louisiana, and New York.
|State||Premium||Compared to U.S. Avg||Percent Difference|
Choosing high deductibles could save up to $500 each year, while buying higher liability limits will cost you more. Going from a 50/100 limit to a 250/500 limit will cost as much as $327 . View Rates by Deductible or Liability Limit
If you like to drive fast or tend to cause accidents, you could be paying at a minimum $1,500 to $2,000 per year, depending on your age. A high-risk auto insurance policy can cost anywhere from 43% to 135% more than average. View High Risk Driver Rates
With so much variability in rates, the only way to know exactly what you will pay is to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Every company uses a different rate calculation, can be significantly different from one company to the next.
Insurance Rates by Trim Level and Model Year
|Model and Trim||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acura RDX 2WD||$1,196||$100|
|Acura RDX AWD||$1,196||$100|
|Acura RDX Technology Package 2WD||$1,276||$106|
|Acura RDX Technology Package AWD||$1,276||$106|
Rates assume 2019 model year, a 40-year-old male driver with no accidents or violations, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, minimum liability limits, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage included. Rates are for comparison only and are averaged for all 50 U.S. states.
|Model Year||Comprehensive||Collision||Liability||Total Premium|
|2019 Acura RDX||$262||$474||$364||$1,236|
|2018 Acura RDX||$248||$458||$376||$1,218|
|2014 Acura RDX||$206||$330||$390||$1,062|
|2013 Acura RDX||$198||$310||$394||$1,038|
|2011 Acura RDX||$180||$268||$402||$986|
|2008 Acura RDX||$152||$202||$402||$892|
|2007 Acura RDX||$148||$182||$398||$864|
Rates are averaged for all Acura RDX models and trim levels. Rates assume a 40-year-old male driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and a clean driving record.
How to Find Cheaper Acura RDX Insurance
Saving money on Acura RDX insurance not only requires being a safe driver, but also maintaining good credit, eliminating unneeded coverage, and bundling your home and auto policies. Take the time to shop around at least every two years by getting price quotes from direct carriers like GEICO and Progressive, and also from your local insurance agents.
Here is a summary of the information that was covered in this article.
- Increasing deductibles can save around $500 each year
- Drivers can save as much as $150 per year simply by quoting early and online
- Drivers who require more liability insurance will pay about $400 each year to go from a minimum limit to 250/500 limits
- Young drivers pay the highest rates, costing as high as $384 per month for full coverage
- High-risk drivers that have multiple accidents or serious violations will pay on average $1,440 more each year for insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Acura RDX expensive to insure? The estimated price for the average middle-age driver who has $500 deductibles is $1,292.
- How much does it cost to fill up an Acura RDX? According to FuelEconomy.gov the Annual Acura RDX Fuel Cost is $1,750.
- Is the 2020 Acura RDX a good car? It’s an all around good car in the luxury compact SUV category.
- What is the Acura RDX cost of ownership? According to RepairPal.com, “Cost. The average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Acura RDX is $497, compared to an average of $859 for luxury compact SUVs and $652 for all vehicle models.” Plus your insurance cost and any loan you may have on your Acura RDX.
- What is the Acura RDX depreciation? According to CarEdge.com, “On average, expect to pay only 53% of the original cost with 67% of the vehicle’s lifetime remaining for a 2016 RDX.”
- What are the Acura RDX maintenance cost? See above from RepairPal
- Are Acura RDX expensive to maintain? Not more than other vehicles in its category.
To find the cheapest Acura insurance, make sure to compare rates. Doing so will allow you to compare multiple models, such as 2020 Acura costs, 2018 RDX costs, or the 2019 Acura RDX cost to own and insurance prices.
So if you are ready to find out the cost of Acura RDX 2016 insurance or Acura RDX 2013 cost of insurance, enter your ZIP code in our free tool below.
Free Car Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are the Acura RDX safety ratings?
The Acura RDX cost to own can be cheaper if there are multiple safety features and good safety ratings, as insurers will offer discounts. The Acura RDX has some great safety features, such as vehicle stability assist, brake assist, automatic brake hold, and more.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has also crash-tested the Acura RDX and awarded it a 2020 Top Safety Pick award.
- Small overlap front (driver-side): Good
- Small overlap front (passenger-side): Good
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
Watch the video below for an example of one of the Acura RDX’s crash tests.
Acura RDX Compared Against Other Vehicles in the Same Class
The Acura RDX is a midsize luxury SUV, which can affect it’s liability rates. The IIHS recorded the liability losses for property damage as better than average and the bodily injury losses as substantially better than average.
Curious to see how other midsize SUV’s rates compare to the Audi RDX or want to know what the least expensive Acura is? Check out the midsize luxury SUVs below.
Ready to start shopping to find out everything from are Acura RDX expensive to maintain insurance to Acura RDS 2105 deals on insurance and 2016 RDX prices paid for insurance? Enter your ZIP code in our free tool below for help finding Acura RDX insurance rates.
Rate Tables and Charts
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$91|
|5-yr Claim Free||$80|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$57|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area