Cheapest 2019 Acura RDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Acura RDX insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used Acura and locate the lowest possible price.
It’s smart to do rate comparisons every six months because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best quotes on RDX coverage at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find better coverage at a better price.
This article will teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Consumers just need to learn the proper way to compare rates on the web.
Affordable insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy car insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their insurance company to study their driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for signing up digitally online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on RDX coverage depending on your company.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Student – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
A few companies that may offer these discounts possibly include:
Check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. To locate providers with discount rates, enter your zip code here.
How to find affordable auto insurance
There are a lot of ways you can shop for auto insurance but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many insurance companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and every company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now enter your zip code here.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you don’t know exactly the companies to get quotes from. If you wish to select specific providers to compare, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
Which method you use is up to you, but try to use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Acura RDX.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage considerations
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverages – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, medical expenses, medical services, court costs and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from getting keyed, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like dental work, pain medications, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Acura RDX.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Never pay more for less
You just read many tips how you can compare 2019 Acura RDX insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting affordable car insurance. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area