Cheapest 2018 Acura RDX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Acura RDX? Finding affordable insurance coverage can be problematic for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and price shopping over the internet. With more and more online companies, how can vehicle owners have the ability to compare every possible option in order to find the best price?
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for RDX coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction for RDX coverage but check with your company.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may receive better auto insurance rates for RDX coverage.
- Sign Online – A few auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may offer these benefits include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in your area. To see auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates, click here.
How to find the cheapest auto insurance
There are several ways to compare prices from different insurance companies. The simplest method to compare Acura RDX insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This is quite simple and can be completed in several different ways.
- The most efficient way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating boring form submissions for each price estimate. Just one form gets insurance cost estimates from multiple low-cost companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- A harder way to find lower rates requires a trip to each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare prices for GEICO, Safeco and Travelers. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly enter your information, which can be really labor intensive.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The final method to get rate quotes is to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for auto insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the extra assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can find lower rates online and still use a local agent.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use the exact same quote information for every quote you compare. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine which company has the best rates. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
Smart choices result in lower insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. If you know what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower premium levels.
- Prices may be higher where you live – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Acura each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your insurance coverage policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. Improper usage on your RDX is throwing money out the window.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines and jail time.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Insurance agents can help
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2018 Acura RDX.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your RDX resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for dental work, ambulance fees, surgery and EMT expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
A fool and his money are soon parted
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Budget-conscious 2018 Acura RDX insurance is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agencies.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance coverage company can be less work than you think.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area