Cheapest 2020 Ford Escape Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance coverage can dry up your checking account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits.
You have multiple insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
It’s smart to quote other rates occasionally because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Escape coverage on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Ways to get insurance price quotes
Effectively comparing insurance prices can take time and effort if you don’t understand the most efficient way. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and at least one company provides a quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to each individual insurance company. To get comparison pricing now enter your zip code here.
The only downside to doing it this way is you can’t choose which companies to get quotes from. So if you want to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
However you get your quotes, make sure you compare nearly identical coverages for each price quote. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be nearly impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could skew the results. And when comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps locate lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so you should also compare rates from those companies as well.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every policy discount very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on Escape coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-theft, renters, online quote, Switch & Save, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, seat belt use, membership and employees, driver training, military active duty, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates, enter your zip code here.
Ford Escape insurance price factors
Multiple criteria are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Drive fewer miles and save – The higher the miles on your Ford in a year’s time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Double check that your vehicle rating states the correct driver usage. Having the wrong rating on your Escape may be costing you higher rates.
- Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure , and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Liability protection limits on your policy – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you in the event that you are responsible for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Is you vocation costing you more? – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like fire fighterspolice officers and dentists are shown to have higher premium rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as actors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average on Escape coverage.
- Does auto insurance cost more for men? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in fender benders at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2020 Ford Escape?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, damage from flooding and fire damage. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Escape.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for nursing services, surgery and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Be a money saver!
When getting insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
The cheapest 2020 Ford Escape insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Even more information is available at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area