Cheapest 2020 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Blazer? If you’ve never shopped for insurance coverage quotes online, by this point your are probably confused by the diversity of local and online companies all offering big savings.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these tips. Nevertheless, drivers do need to learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web.
Affordable car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could save up to 20% and get you inexpensive insurance coverage.
- Smart Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a insurance coverage quote. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% for Blazer coverage but check with your company.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, driver training, student driver, air bags, and early bird.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, good student, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, new graduate, good student, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. To locate companies that offer many of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
How to get free insurance coverage quotes online
There are a variety of methods to compare insurance coverage prices but one way is less time-consuming than others. You could spend your day talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quoting to quickly compare rates.
All the larger companies enroll in a system where prospective buyers submit one quote, and each company then returns a price quote based on that information. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now enter your zip code here.
The only drawback to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies to receive prices from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but be sure you’re using exactly the same information for every company. If you use different coverage information it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Chevy Blazer. Having just a slight variation in coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the change that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The Chevy Blazer insurance rate equation
Part of the insurance coverage buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure like where you live or your commute time.
Shown below are some of the most common factors that factor into your prices.
- Annual mileage and car insurance prices – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Improper usage on your Blazer may be costing you. Make sure your vehicle rating is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Premiums and your address – Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – Many companies allow a discount to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2020 Chevy Blazer?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Car insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO seem to constantly run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount just by moving your coverage to them. How do they all save you money? This is the trick they use.
Car insurance companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk might have to be over the age of 45, has no tickets, and insures a new vehicle. A propective insured who matches that profile will most likely get cheap prices and will most likely save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not fit the ideal profile will probably be forced to pay higher premium rates and this results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” will save that much if they switch. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This really illustrates why it is so important to get as many free insurance coverage quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Specific coverages for a 2020 Chevy Blazer
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2020 Chevy Blazer.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, falling objects, theft and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for doctor visits, chiropractic care, funeral costs and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, poor customer service, policy non-renewal or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to shop for 2020 Chevy Blazer insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area