2019 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Equinox? If online auto insurance comparisons are new to you, you can easily be bewildered by the confusing number of online auto insurance companies and websites all promising to save you money.
It’s a good idea to compare prices every six months because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. If you had the lowest rates for Equinox insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to buy auto insurance cheaper.
Informed consumers save more
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in a rural area can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Walking down the aisle may save some money when shopping for auto insurance. It means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive for Equinox insurance.
- Five star safety rating saves money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
The quickest way to compare car insurance company rates is to realize almost all companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if your license is active, your occupation, your credit rating estimate, and your education level. The data is submitted instantly to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates quickly.
Cheaper insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn cheaper insurancerates.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease for Equinox insurance with select insurance companies.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for good student, distant student, pay in full, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, good student, paperless, safe driver, safe vehicle, and teen driver.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, good student, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA policyholders can earn discounts including family discount, defensive driver, military installation, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete your zip code.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Equinox from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as EMT expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2019 Chevy Equinox.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
More quotes. Lower rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Some insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Low-cost 2019 Chevy Equinox insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area