Cheapest 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Being forced to pay for pricey insurance coverage premiums can take a big chunk out of your checking account and make it tough to pay other bills. Performing a price comparison can save money and help to lower your bills every month.
Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the right insurer.
Insurance coverage companies offer many types of discounts
Insurance coverage is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates on Equinox coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for lower premium rates on Equinox coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance coverage companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- MetLife may include discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, good student, and renewal discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, driver training, air bags, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your area. For a list of insurance companies with the best discounts, click this link.
Informed drivers can cut their insurance costs
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Teenage drivers pay higher rates – Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a teenage driver onto your car insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and are safer drivers.
- Your location is a factor – Living in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking violations such as DUI or reckless driving are required to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Marriage is a factor – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse means you’re more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Use credit responsibly and save – An insured’s credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. If your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your 2018 Chevrolet Equinox by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specific coverages for a Chevy Equinox
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, a broken windshield, theft and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Equinox.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, funeral expenses, medical services, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like dental work, pain medications, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your 2018 Chevy Equinox insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Some companies do not provide price quotes online smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area