Cheapest 2018 Kia Rio Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Kia Rio? Did a good deal turn out to be an overpriced auto insurance policy? Say no more because you’re not alone.
There is such a variety of car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates.
Shopping for the best insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Basically, everyone who is shopping for insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Although vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Save with with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates for Rio coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10% for Rio coverage.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, mature driver, teen driver, alternative fuel, early shopping, youthful driver, and distant student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include driver training, membership and employees, daytime running lights, federal employee, seat belt use, and air bags.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, easy pay, good student, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and family plan.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see a list of providers that offer discounts, click this link.
What affects Kia Rio insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be for Rio coverage.
- Accidents are costly – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Having a single driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. People who have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Single drivers may pay more – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates compared to being single. Marriage usually means you are less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Save by staying claim free – If you file claims often, you should expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates.
- Improve your credit history – Having a bad credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. People that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit score can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your 2018 Kia Rio if you clean up your credit.
- Does your occupation raise your prices? – Careers like fire fighters, architects and financial analysts generally have higher premium rates attributed to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, historians and performers get better rates for Rio coverage.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase prices – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- If my 2018 Kia Rio is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverage myths debunked
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all seem to advertise claims about savings if you move your insurance coverage coverage to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all charge you a lower premium?
Insurance coverage companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of this type of risk profile could be between 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured who fits that profile will most likely get cheap rates and will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile may be required to pay more expensive rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest car insurance rates.
Car insurance coverages for a Kia Rio
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as fire damage, falling objects, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2018 Kia Rio.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Auto liability – This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, funeral expenses, medical services and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Find Good Coverage for Less
When shopping online for car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented many ideas to reduce 2018 Kia Rio insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area