Cheapest 2018 Ford Focus Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Ford Focus? Paying for expensive Ford Focus insurance can draw down your family’s budget and put a big crunch on your finances.
Popular companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flashy ads and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You may qualify for discounts
Companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a auto insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not really a discount, but some companies like GEICO and Allstate will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% on Focus insurance compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- 21st Century
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above, follow this link.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as surgery, prosthetic devices, doctor visits, chiropractic care and funeral costs. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Ford Focus.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
We covered some good ideas how to shop for 2018 Ford Focus insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheap auto insurance. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced 2018 Ford Focus insurance is available online and with local insurance agents, so you need to shop auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and these regional carriers sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area