Compare 2018 Ford Focus ST Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparing insurance quotes online probably sounds like a formidable task if you’ve never received online auto insurance quotes. But relax because finding more affordable rates is easier than you think.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Pricing the lowest cost protection is quite easy. Although drivers must understand how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Ways to get car insurance quotes
There are several ways to get quotes from many car insurance companies in your state. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for 2018 Ford Focus ST insurance is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
Experts agree that the best way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. Completing one form gets rate comparisons instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
Another way to get quotes online requires visiting the website of each company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Allstate, State Farm and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to go to each individual site and type in your information over and over, which can get old fast. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just be sure to compare equivalent quote information on every price quote you get. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one it will be nearly impossible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages or limits could throw off the whole comparison. And when comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Not every company allows you to get online quotes, so you need to compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
Cheap auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease for Focus ST insurance with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver sucessfully take a drivers education course in high school.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates for Focus ST insurance as compared to drivers with claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Resident Student – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Some companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision – This pays for damage to your Focus ST from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Focus ST.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive protection – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, dental work, funeral costs and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, bail bonds, medical services, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area