How Much Does 2017 Nissan Murano Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have options when searching for low-cost Nissan Murano insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to buy auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for your Nissan and get the lowest price from both online companies and local agents.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes quite often since prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates for Murano coverage on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these techniques to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. This article will let you in on how to get online quotes. Drivers only need to know the tricks to get comparison quotes on the web.
Smart consumers save money
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Vehicle features that cut prices – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Married people drive safer – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re less irresponsible and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Going without insurance will be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Your gender affects costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Liability coverage – Liability coverage will provide protection when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Better drivers pay the best prices – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having just one ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have flagrant tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
Use discounts on car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could earn a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t escape the ads that promise big savings for switching from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing about saving some big amount just by switching to their company.
How is it possible that every company can have lower policy pricing? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. For example, a preferred risk could be between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a claim, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A driver that meets those criteria will get low prices and will also save some money.
Potential insureds who do not meet this stringent profile will be charged a higher premium with the end result being the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save the amount stated. This is how companies can make claims like that. Because of the profiling, you really need to get insurance quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will be your best fit.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2017 Nissan Murano is worth?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, dental work and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Murano.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
This coverage pays for damage to your Murano resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and hail damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Have the Midas touch
Cheap 2017 Nissan Murano insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to shop for 2017 Nissan Murano insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with the smaller companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area