Cheapest 2016 Nissan Murano Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates for your Nissan Murano? Searching for low-cost insurance for a Nissan Murano could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to save time.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Nissan and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Pricing affordable auto insurance is not that difficult. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to shop their coverage around online.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates is to understand most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like if your license is active, how many miles driven, your general credit rating, and which vehicles you own. The data is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons instantly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Does insurance coverage advertising bend the truth?
Drivers can’t avoid all the ads for the lowest price insurance coverage by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you just switch to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can save you money? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance providers give the cheapest rates for the type of customer that earns them a profit. A good example of a profitable risk profile might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and does not commute to work. Anyone that meets those criteria receives the best car insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to save money with a new company.
Consumers who fall short of the “perfect” profile will see higher prices and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “customers who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers should get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest premium rates.
Six things that determine your insurance prices
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Certain jobs raise premiums – Occupations such as real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as actors, athletes and performers receive lower rates for Murano insurance.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Your spouse helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Insurance companies provide discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the correct usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Murano may be costing you.
- Never allow your car insurance to lapse – Driving with no insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Your age impacts your costs – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Lower-cost insurance coverage rates with discounts
Some providers don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you could be saving more on your insurance coverage.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their auto insurance quote for Murano insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy online.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. For a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2016 Nissan Murano?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Murano resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, pain and suffering, structural damage, medical services and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, dental work and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Saving money makes a lot of cents
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just covered many ideas to compare 2016 Nissan Murano insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with an unexpected company.
When searching for cheaper auto insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
To learn more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area