Cheapest 2017 Lexus RX 350 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 12, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Lexus RX 350? Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me when I say many drivers have buyer’s remorse. Popular companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm persitently shower you with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons every six months since rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best premium rates on RX 350 coverage last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Vehicle owners only need to know the most effective way to shop for insurance coverage online.
Get cheaper insurance prices by understanding these factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower premium levels. Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The list below includes most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Costs also based on gender – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Car insurance liability protection limits – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Know your credit rating – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your 2017 Lexus RX 350 by improving your credit score.
- Prices can change based on your address – Choosing to live in a rural area is a good thing when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Protection for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Lexus from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, or theft. The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance on RX 350 coverage.
The cheapest auto insurance
Finding more affordable 2017 Lexus RX 350 auto insurance rates is an easy way to save money. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing free car insurance quotes to discover which company has low cost car insurance quotes. Rate comparisons can be done by using one of the methods below.
One of the fastest ways to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This style of form saves time by eliminating repetitive form entry for each price estimate. One simple form will get you price quotes direct from many companies.
A harder way to compare rate quotes requires a trip to each company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Progressive, GEICO and Farmers. You would be required to spend time going to each site individually to enter your coverage information, which can take a lot of time. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but do your best to enter apples-to-apples quote information on every quote you get. If your comparisons have differing limits it will be impossible to get a fair rate comparison.
Drivers who switch save $387 a year? Really?
Consumers can’t escape the ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the companies state the claim about saving some big amount just by switching your coverage.
How is it plausible that every one can offer you a better deal? This is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good prices and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside this stringent profile will see more expensive rates and this can result in business going elsewhere. The trick is to say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest prices.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Cheap insurance coverage quotes with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less can qualify you for slightly better insurance coveragerates than normal.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their company to spy on driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Early Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-policy, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, good student, safe vehicle, driver’s education, multiple autos, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Allstate may have discounts that include anti-theft, senior citizen, resident student, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, new car, and economy car.
- Nationwide offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, easy pay, good student, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance coverage companies who offer discounts, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my 2017 Lexus RX 350 covered for flood damage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as pain medications, dental work, surgery and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lexus RX 350.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your RX 350 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, hail damage and falling objects. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, structural damage and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
A fool and his money are soon parted
A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and these small, regional companies work with independent agents. Discount 2017 Lexus RX 350 insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
We just presented some good ideas how to lower your 2017 Lexus RX 350 insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive car insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area