Cheapest 2009 Lexus RX 350 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody likes paying for insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
Since consumers have many choices of insurance companies, it can be impossible to find the best insurance company.
It is always a good idea to compare prices once or twice a year since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price for RX 350 coverage a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Do you qualify for these eight discounts?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Lexus can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Learn about insurance coverages for a 2009 Lexus RX 350
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your RX 350 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, nursing services and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things such as legal defense fees, attorney fees, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lexus RX 350.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
You can do this!
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare 2009 Lexus RX 350 insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Affordable insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Much more information about insurance can be found at these links:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area