Cheapest 2017 Kia Soul Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Kia Soul? No sane person anticipates paying for insurance coverage, particularly when it costs too dang much.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to compare rates.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about every driver who buys car insurance should be able to cut their insurance bill. But vehicle owners must know the way insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
How much does car insurance cost?
Performing a rate comparison can be exhausting if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to maximize your effort.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company can give them a price based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to every company.
To access this free quoting program, click to open in new window.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which companies to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing equivalent coverages on every price quote you get. If your comparisons have different coverage information it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best. Having just a slight variation in limits may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
Discounts can really help lower premiums
Companies do not list all their discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as compared to bad drivers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their company to spy on their driving habits by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Organization Discounts – Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a insurance coverage quote.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
To view auto insurance companies with discount rates, click here to view.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Kia Soul.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for doctor visits, X-ray expenses and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
This can cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Saving money is sweet as honey
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2017 Kia Soul insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote insurance coverage, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper insurance coverage. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area