Compare 2017 Kia Forte Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for low-cost Kia Forte insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Kia and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Decisions you make can impact your insurance costs
Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
The items below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your rate level.
- A insurance coverage lapse can increase prices – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance coverage costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Too many insurance claims and you’ll pay more – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies generally give the best rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Get cheaper rates after the wedding – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount when buying insurance coverage. It is viewed as being more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Compare free insurance coverage price quotes
There are a variety of methods to compare insurance coverage quotes, and some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste a lot of time driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most of the best insurance companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to every company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get pricing from.
The approach you take is up to you, just be sure to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles then you won’t be able to make a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all disounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to you.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next auto insurance statement.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Forte insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy auto insurance online.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, air bags, good student, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and federal employee.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-policy, new car, student away at school, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- Nationwide may include discounts for Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, early shopping, business and professional, youthful driver, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts including renters, safety device, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and good student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, accident-free, multiple autos, student away at school, multiple policy, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good student, ease of repair, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and multi-car.
If you want inexpensive auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
You may need specialized insurance coverage coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2017 Kia Forte to commute?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a Kia Forte
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, fire damage and hitting a deer. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Forte resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, emergency aid, medical expenses, medical services and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, doctor visits, chiropractic care, pain medications and funeral costs. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Forte.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
One last thing
We just showed you some good ideas how to compare 2017 Kia Forte insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Low-cost 2017 Kia Forte insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so get free auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about insurance can be found by following these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Affordable Fresno Car Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte? (InsureFresno.com)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area