Compare 2017 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced insurance coverage? It’s a common feeling and there are many people just like you.
Many auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company and get the definite best rates possible.
It’s smart to price shop coverage every six months due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates for Sonata Hybrid coverage at your last renewal a different company probably has better prices today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
How to get free insurance quotes online
All the larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get price estimates direct online. Comparing rates online is easy for anyone as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. After you submit the form the system will order your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information. This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same data is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest insurance rates.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The preferred way to lower your rates uses just one form to return rates from a lot of companies. It’s a real time-saver, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. After your information is entered, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It takes just a few minutes to complete and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to find out how much you can save on insurance, click here and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have a fair comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all possible discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous insurance savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could be rewarded with cheaper rates.
- Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, good student, switch companies, multi-car, and distant student.
- Esurance offers discounts including good driver, Pac-12 alumni, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, anti-theft, multiple autos, good driver, driver’s education, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, air bags, seat belt use, membership and employees, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, teenSMART discount, defensive driver, and economy car.
If you need affordable auto insurance quotes, ask every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To see providers who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, theft, falling objects and vandalism. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, pain medications and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your Sonata Hybrid resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, emergency aid, funeral expenses, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area