2018 Hyundai Sonata Insurance Rates – 9 Tips to Save
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating more affordable insurance can appear to be impossible for people who are new to buying their insurance online. With dozens of insurers available, how are we expected to have time to compare every insurance company to find the cheapest price possible?
Find hidden discounts to get affordable auto insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using when you buy auto insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
As a footnote on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts include:
- Farm Bureau
- American Family
- State Farm
If you are trying to find low cost auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. For a list of auto insurance companies with the best discounts, click this link.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons utilizes the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as if the car is leased, driver details, if you have an active license, and distance driven. That rating data is instantly provided to multiple companies and they respond with quotes immediately.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Is my Hyundai Sonata covered if I use it for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Knowing the specifics of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Hyundai Sonata.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses like surgery, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Sonata from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Make an honest buck
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or even high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for 2018 Hyundai Sonata insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area