Cheap 2017 Hyundai Sonata Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance rates for your Hyundai Sonata? Feel like you have an overpriced insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because you’re not the only one. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rates possible.
Save with these rate-reducing discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their car insurance quote on Sonata coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them early. It could save around 10% when you buy car insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to view providers who offer online auto insurance quotes, click here to view.
Hyundai Sonata insurance cost factors
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rate level.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Vehicle features impact rates – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Good drivers pay less – Attentive drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Having just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get serious citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The more you drive your Hyundai every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Sonata can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive on Sonata coverage.
- Car and home together may be cheaper – Most auto insurance companies provide a discount to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- More traffic means higher claims – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can help discover if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2017 Hyundai Sonata?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Switch companies and save? Really?
Drivers can’t escape the ads that promise big savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies advertise the message about savings just by moving to their company.
How does every company give you a lower rate? It’s all in the wording.
All the different companies quote their best rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable insured might be described as over the age of 40, has other policies, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any driver that matches those criteria will get the preferred prices and most likely will cut their rates if they switch.
Insureds who do not meet this ideal profile will be quoted higher premium rates and the customer not purchasing. The ads state “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings. Because of these techniques, drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
Information about specific coverages
Having a good grasp of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Hyundai Sonata.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, medical expenses, medical services, loss of income and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Spend less. Save more.
Budget-conscious 2017 Hyundai Sonata insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of techniques to save on 2017 Hyundai Sonata insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper car insurance. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area