Cheapest 2017 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Chevrolet Equinox? Are you sick and tired of scraping nickels together to insure your Chevy every month? You’re in the same situation as most other drivers.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. In a nutshell, every vehicle owner who buys insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. Although consumers benefit from understanding how insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
Discounts for cheap insurance quotes
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less for Equinox coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up early. You could save around 10% when you buy car insurance online.
- Distant Student Discount – who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, homeowner, pay in full, multi-car, alternative fuel, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, 55 and retired, good student, youthful driver, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, defensive driver, air bags, multi-policy, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include safety features, new vehicle discount, newly married, multi-policy, new graduate, teen driver discount, and newly retired.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts, click this link.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons utilizes the fact all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as the ages of drivers, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, what you do for a living, and if it has an alarm system. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Lower insurance rates with these tips
A large part of saving on insurance coverage is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Gender and insurance coverage rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn’t prove that females are better at driving than males. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your location is important – Having an address in less populated areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Improve your credit rating and save – An insured’s credit history factor in your rate calculation. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2017 Chevrolet Equinox by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Safer cars lower prices – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2017 Chevy Equinox?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save $386 a year?
Popular car insurance providers such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your coverage to them. Is it even possible that every company can charge you a lower premium? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Most companies look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that will add to their bottom line. An example of a preferred risk may need to be married and over the age of 30, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will qualify for the lowest prices and will most likely save a lot of money.
Consumers who don’t measure up to those standards must pay more expensive rates and the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can make those statements. Different companies use different criteria so you need to get car insurance quotes from several different companies. It’s just not possible to know which company will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2017 Chevy Equinox.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, medical services and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Equinox resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a mailbox, crashing into a building, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for hospital visits, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last thing about your coverage
You just learned a lot of tips how to compare 2017 Chevy Equinox insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest rates are with a small local company. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Springs Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (CSInsure.com)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area