Cheapest 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet Equinox? Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance choices? You have a lot of company. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a lot of work to find lower rates.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount for Equinox insurance with select insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with discount insurance coverage rates, click this link.
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can spend your afternoon discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Most car insurance companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each company can provide price quotes based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for every insurance coverage company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2005 Chevy Equinox insurance click to open in new window.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which carriers to get quotes from. If you prefer to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we put together a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you use differing limits you will not be able to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes gives you a better chance of getting better pricing.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Chevy Equinox
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Equinox insurance.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in less populated areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and longer commute times. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurers give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance companies give discounts to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Are insurance companies telling the truth?
Insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of the profiling, you need to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance company will have the lowest Chevy Equinox insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Equinox resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as ambulance fees, doctor visits, funeral costs and dental work. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Equinox.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Find Good Coverage for Less
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious 2005 Chevy Equinox insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area