Cheapest 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance rates for your Toyota Land Cruiser? Sick and tired of sacrificing to insure your Toyota every month? You are no different than the majority of other consumers.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
You may qualify for discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for completing your application digitally online.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, and good student.
- Esurance may include discounts for safety device, homeowner, good driver, paid-in-full, and emergency road assistance.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
Why informed drivers pay less for Toyota Land Cruiser insurance
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
- Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Accidents will cost you – Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Having just one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Your vocation is a factor – Jobs like lawyersairline pilots and miners usually pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers like actors, athletes and retirees get better rates on Land Cruiser insurance.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Toyota Land Cruiser is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Stay claim-free and reduce prices – If you file a lot of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Land Cruiser from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, bail bonds and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Shop. Compare. Save.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser insurance prices. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper insurance. Drivers may discover the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is located at these sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area