2002 Toyota Land Cruiser Car Insurance Quotes – 5 Discounts for Best Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you intimidated by the number of insurance coverage options? You’re not the only one! People have so many options that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to compare prices.
It’s a good habit to do rate comparisons yearly since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best rates on Land Cruiser coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find great coverage at a great price.
Pricing the best insurance coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, everyone who carries insurance will most likely be able to find lower rates. But car owners need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
Save with discounts on 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Compare the Market for Insurance
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing rates from insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to find the cheapest 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form will return price quotes from all major companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes requires visiting each company website and request a quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Progressive, State Farm and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best offered rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Specific coverages for a 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hitting a bird, a broken windshield, fire damage and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverages – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, medical services, attorney fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Have money to burn
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider can be less work than you think.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cost effective insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area