Cheapest 2016 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Cutting costs on auto insurance is always very difficult for drivers not familiar with buying insurance online. People have so many choices that it can be a ton of work to lower your prices.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. Just about everyone who buys car insurance will be able to lower their premiums. Although drivers must know the methods companies use to sell insurance online.
Quote insurance coverage online
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be a daunting task if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the internet to achieve your goal.
Many companies participate in an industry program that enables customers to submit their information once, and every company provides a quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. To find out what other companies charge click here to open in new window.
The one downside to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose which providers you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you are using equivalent coverage limits with every price quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you will not be able to make a fair comparison for your Jeep Wrangler. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
Car insurance companies offer many discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but occassionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Signing – Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching policies early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on Wrangler coverage depending on your car insurance provider.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Completing a defensive driver class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- No Accidents – Drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates when compared with bad drivers.
Don’t be surprised that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
- American Family
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view companies who offer free car insurance quotes, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is my 2016 Jeep Wrangler covered for flood damage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, bail bonds, loss of income and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses like pain medications, nursing services, X-ray expenses and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This coverage covers damage to your Wrangler resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Wrangler.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
A little work can save a LOT of money
You just learned many ways to get a better price on 2016 Jeep Wrangler insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost car insurance. You may even find the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced 2016 Jeep Wrangler insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
When getting car insurance quotes online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information can be read below:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area