Cheapest 2016 Buick Regal Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Buick Regal? Frustrated by the dozens of insurance choices that you can choose from? There are such a large number of options that it can easily turn into a big hassle to find better prices.
Save with these discounts
Some companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Buick could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. For a list of insurance companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here.
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as funeral costs, ambulance fees, hospital visits and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hail damage, vandalism, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your Regal resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Keep this in mind
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance coverage company is not as difficult as it may seem.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read many ways to lower your 2016 Buick Regal insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area