View 1999 Buick Regal Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Buick Regal? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? You are no different than many other consumers.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually bombard you with advertising and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
Where Can I Get Cheap Regal Car Insurance?
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to find the lowest 1999 Buick Regal car insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to each company website to complete a price quote.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits with each company. If you are comparing different deductibles you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Buick Regal. Slightly different coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less for Regal coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Buick can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy for Regal coverage.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10% for Regal coverage.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for Regal coverage with select insurance companies.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What if I total my 1999 Buick Regal and owe more than it’s worth?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, falling objects, a broken windshield, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Regal resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as nursing services, surgery and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Buick Regal.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area