Cheapest 2015 Volkswagen Golf Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for low-cost insurance for a Volkswagen Golf can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to save time. There is a better way to find auto insurance online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Volkswagen and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
You need to price shop coverage once or twice a year since rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on Golf coverage a few years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out one of the easiest ways to find great coverage at a great price.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Pricing the best insurance coverage is quite easy. Vehicle owners just need to understand the tricks to compare prices on the web.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to achieve your goal.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and each participating company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for form submissions to every company.
To use this form to compare 2015 Volkswagen Golf insurance rates click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, make absolute certain that you use exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to make an equal comparison.
Impacting insurance rates for a Volkswagen Golf
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some companies give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your auto insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Golf may be wasting your money.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Golf coverage.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as lawyers, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees pay the least on Golf coverage.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2015 Volkswagen Golf by repairing your credit.
- Lower rates come with age – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers tend to be more careless in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Discounts on 2015 Volkswagen Golf insurance
Companies do not list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Golf coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new cars.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2015 Volkswagen Golf?
- Should I rate my 2015 Volkswagen Golf as pleasure use or commute?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, hospital visits and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Golf resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Golf.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
More choices the merrier
We just presented a lot of information how to save on 2015 Volkswagen Golf insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices or high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area