Cheapest 2014 Jeep Patriot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the sheer number of auto insurance options? Lot’s of other consumers are too. People have so many options available that it can quickly become a lot of work to compare prices.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Although drivers must know the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Lower rates by qualifying for these ten discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on Patriot insurance.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits are:
Double check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2014 Jeep Patriot?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2014 Jeep Patriot?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
Car insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all make the same claim of big savings after switching to their company. How does each company say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements must pay a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will have the lowest Jeep Patriot insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for pain medications, surgery, EMT expenses, funeral costs and nursing services. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, vandalism, hitting a deer and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, structural damage, court costs, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Patriot resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for 2014 Jeep Patriot insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area